Regional Hui are held biennially and alternate with the ATLAANZ National Conference. In 2023, across the three ATLAANZ regions, there are two face-to-face hui and one blended.
The Northern region includes Northland/Tai Tokerau, Tamaki Makaurau/Auckland and Waikato.
This year’s Northern hui will be hosted by Unitec, December 6 in Tamaki Makarau/Auckland at their Mt Albert campus. The hui theme is ‘Pathways to Success: Challenges and opportunities’. Three strands are included:
- The impact of students’ life and learning experiences on their studies
- Unlocking opportunities for academic success with Learning Advisors
- Beyond the traditional approaches to teaching and learning
The Central Hui was hosted by Toi Ohomai, on October 2–3, at Mokoia campus Rotorua. The Central region covers the lower part of the North Island from Bay of Plenty and Taranaki south to Whanganui-a-tara Wellington. Resources and information shared at the hui will be available here in due course. At the hui, members shared aspects of practice under the following four themes:
- Walking alongside ākonga
- Walking alongside kaiako / hoamahi
- Awhi for ākonga agency/self-efficacy ‘Walking alongside’ (ākonga, kaimahi)
This year Otago Polytechnic will host the Southern Hui, November 24 in Ōtepoti Dunedin and also online. The Southern region includes members across Te Wai Pounamu/the South Island. The hui theme is ‘Sharing Good Practice’.